Our client is a well-funded startup focused on data privacy. In this new era of privacy legislation that has swept the globe on the back of Europe’s GDPR, developers and GRC teams are crying out for tools that make it easier to build respect for user privacy into data systems. Our client is proud to provide developer-friendly APIs and deploy applications that are powering greater trust in the internet.
We are looking for a Sr. Python Engineer to join a team of great talents. You will work with a team that believes that data privacy is fundamentally a technical problem with a technical solution. Their tools empower engineering teams to integrate privacy considerations into the SDLC process – from planning all the way through to post-deployment. They believe serving the developer community is the fastest way to facilitate truly respectful systems.
- 4+ years of experience with Python Engineering
- Experience with RESTful API
- Knowledge of JUnit for running tests
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Pytest
- Knowledge of OSS Integration Framework
- Advanced English
- Building sustainable code that may be used in the future.
- Analyzing code, requirements, system risks, and software reliability.
- Collaborating with Agile Development team on execution of project details.
- The company released their open-source tools for data privacy (http://fid.es/) and have completely changed their stack from their legacy Java platform to a Python (FastAPI), SQL, and Typescript (React) stack
- Rebuilding their legacy platform into open source projects that accomplish similar goals for different users
- Effectively building Python tools for engineers instead of Java apps
- Participating in daily internal and external projects as part of the development team
- Acting as a leader within the company (There is a lot of growth potential for this opportunity).
- Full-time position
- Flexible schedule
- 100% remote
- The chance to be a part of a fast-growing company
- You will be paid in USD as an Independent Contractor